BRIEF ON THE AGENCY
The Bureau of Electrical Engineering Services (BEES) is an Agency of the Ogun State Government established to execute all electrical projects, ensure an effective and well co-ordinated sector for electrical engineering services thereby eliminating duplication/overlapping of functions by Government Ministries/Agencies on electrical works. The Agency is operating under the Ministry of Works & Infrastructure.
First Floor, Block A, New State Secretariat, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
M. B. 2018, Sapon, Abeokuta.
( Vacant )
Mrs. Olufunmilayo Ajimo Dada - Permanent Secretary (08057032678)
- Department of Planning, Research & Statistics
- Department of Urban Electrification
- Department of Rural Electrification
- Department of Electrical Extension Services
- Department of Administration & Supplies
- Department of Finance & Accounts
- Consultancy Services i.e. Survey, Design, Preparation of B.E.M.E and Supervision of all Electrical Projects
- Pursuance of Development of Independent Power Plant which will generate energy for use in Ogun State.
- Pursuance of international Grants/Aids and contracts for State Government of Electrical Projects
- Planning of energy requirement for the State vis-à-vis ensuring balanced distribution and provision of standby supply through Generating Set, Solar System
Engr. B. A. Okesola
- Installation of streetlights.
- Construction and maintenance of electrical facilities in garages, stadium complexes, trade fair complexes etc.
- Perimeter lights in Government buildings, markets, etc.
- Maintenance of streetlights installations.
Engr. O. S. Adebayo
The Department is assigned with the responsibilities to transmit and distribute energy to communities and any other location across the StateConstruction of Rural Electrification projects.
(i) To carry out construction of rural electrification projects of Government.
(ii) To carry out construction, installation and maintenance of low tension (L.T) and high tension(H.T) of Inter-Township Connection (I. T. C) and Township Distribution Network (T.D.N) of community and peril-urban centre across the State.
(iii) To carry out Construction, installation and maintenance of power distribution substations.
(iv) To carry out the connection of communities along the National Grid to source of power supply both through transformer installation and low tension (L.T) and high tension (H.T) networks
(v) To carry out re-routing of high tension (H.T) and low tension (L.T) power lines for road and other infrastructural developments/expansion.
(vi) To carry out upgrading of transformer substation accessories.
(vii) To carry out any other electrical work assigned to the Department by the authority.
S. M. A. Adelakun
- Construction of new transmission line on Independent Power Plant (I. P. P).
- Maintenance services on the Mini Power transmission lines.
- Seeking approval for all the Electrical installation to be carried out of IBEDC network and liaising with NEMSA for proper connection on the National Grid.
- Liaising with all Independent Power Plant (I. P. P) investors on the way forward for usage of energy use in Ogun State.
- Involvement in all Electrical projects to be carried out by the State
- Installation and maintenance of Transformations on the I.P.P Transmission Lines.
- Liaising with all State Government MDA’s on Electrical Services Extension.
- Maintenance of Electrical Service in Government Building and structures.
- Operation and Maintenance of standby Generator set in all MDA’s.
- Maintenance of Household Electrical/Electronics and R&A equipment in Government Building and structures.
Miss O. T. Adeyemi
- Administration and Establishment matters in the Agency such as promotion, recruitment, confirmation, discipline etc.
- Preparation of periodical reports for the Agency.
- Co-ordinates the activities of the Agency as well as sees to the welfare and well being of the entire staff.
Mr. Taiwo Idowu
- Advising all Department Heads on all Financial Matters as well as technical Provision of Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Financial Circular.
- Keep proper accounting records (Book of Accounts) e.g Cash Book, DVEA Books and Personal Ledger, Main and Subsidiary ledger e. t. c.
- Maintaining proper records of account, such as Main and Subsidiary ledgers, Cash Book, DVEA Book, personal Advances Ledger, etc.
- Render all Returns, Capital and Recurrent Expenditure, Personal Advances, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Salary Reconciliation and other information that may be required by Higher authority.
- Disbursement of Fund.
- Ensure compliance with Financial Regulation and the Accounting codes by all staff.
- Prepare Final Accounts/Financial Statement of the Bureau.
- Prepare Bureau’s Annual Budget.
- Prepare Monthly Salary input and report there in to the State Treasury Office.
- Custodian of Security Documents such as Cheque Book.
- Prepare Bureau’s Bank Reconciliation