BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
The Ministry of Budget and Planning was created from the erstwhile Bureau of Management and Budget in July, 2011 by the past Administration under the leadership of His Excellency Senator Ibikunle AmosunCON, FCA. The vision of the Ministry is to deliver proficient financial management services towards the effective actualization of Government policies and programmes prudently and efficiently without compromising transparency and accountability.
State Secretariat, Oke – Mosan, Abeokuta
P.M.B 2058, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State
Mr. Olaolu Olabimtan (Honourable Commissioner)
Mrs. Dada, Ajimo Olufunmilayo (08037126534)
Akintomiwa O. Osibodu
- Preparation, Monitoring and Control of the State’s Annual Budget;
- Preparation of Supplementary/Alignment of Estimates;
- Liaison with Ministry of Finance/State Treasury Office/House of Assembly and other relevant stake holders on budgetary and financial matters;
- Processing of monthly staff Salaries/Allowances/Civilian Pensions/Bulk releases/Leave Bonus/Gratuities;
- Processing of Severance Gratuity, Furniture Allowance, and Wardrobe Allowance of Political Officer Holders;
- Monitoring and control of the State Contingency Vote, and
- Secretariat of the Public Financial Management (PFM) Reform Agenda.
|MR. Akinyemi Oajide Otunuga|
- Co-ordination of all Donor Programmes in the State, and
- Preparing the MTSS & MTEF documents for the State and all other planning related matters.
- Coordination of activities of all Local and International Donors in the State e.g. UNICEF, UNFPA, World Bank, Federal-Assisted Programmes and Projects.
- Operational and maintain the execution of the Development Partner Coordination Policy.
- Keep and maintain a record of all Development Partner activities in the State.
- Coordination and monitoring of all implementing Partners which cuts across State MDA
- To prepare Annual plans in conjunction with executing MDAS, identifying all milestones, deliverables, Key Performance Indicators (KPIS) and Counterpart Funding requirements for each Budget year.
- Benchmark Development Partner activities and outcomes against stated developmental objectives of the State.
- Prepare Report for Development Partner Policy Reviews.
- Prepare Comprehensive Quarterly Reports.
|MR. Dolamu Idowu-Agida|
- Co-ordination of Manpower Planning, Recruitment, Induction, Confirmation, Training, Assessments and Performance Appraisal, Leave, Promotions, Discipline (General Administration and Establishment matters);
- Formulation, Execution and Review of Policies and Programmes on Administration and Human Resources Management;
- Implementation of all policies and programmes relating to Administrative functions in line with the Public Service Rules and other Extant Regulations;
- Provision of essential and Administrative support services;
- Responsible for Administrative Developmental Planning & Posting General;
- Collect and collate data for the preparation of Manpower budget;
- Procure and store all necessary resources (material, machines etc.) in a transparent manner and ensure their cost effective usage;
- Secure and maintain all Physical Resources and ensure timely requisition when the need arises;
- Develop systems, procurement and structures of internal control relating to Human & Physical Resources;
- Inventory Control of all Organization’s Resources including but not limited to Offices, fixtures and fittings, vehicles e.t.c.
- Prepare Budget Estimates in relation to manpower needs;
- Pension and General Welfare Matters.
- The Central Monitoring and Evaluation Department was created with a focus on Monitoring the execution of State Budget and Evaluation of the desired outcomes of spending in the context of the State Development Plan and its development outcomes, including the sustainable Development Goals.
- Monitor Budget (Expenditure and Revenue) Performance of MDAs, and advises on improvement.
- Conduct inspection visits to MDAs to verify and validate their requests for release of funds.
- Monitor implementation Progress of all Donor-funded Projects/Programme domicile in various MDAs in Ogun State.
- Prepare M& E Plan, and other monitoring Formats/templates for capturing of data at Sector/MDA level.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures at the Sectoral and MDA levels
- Foster participatory Monitoring & Evaluation through training and involving stakeholders at both sectoral and MDA levels.
- Build the capacity of M & E Officers on relevant skills at the MDA and Sector Levels.
- Organize M & E Workshop for M & E Staff
- Organize/participate in M& E Review Meetings
- Conduct M&E related Studies.
Prepare Consolidated Project implementation Progress Reports- Quarterly, Half-Year and Annual, to advise Government and Policy-Makers.
- Administration of Salaries;
- Preparation and Payment of leave bonus;
- Administration/Receipts of revenue for Government and disbursement of expenditure;
- Preparation of revenue and expenditure returns to the Office of the Accountant-General, Office of the Auditor-General and Department of Budget;
- Collection of Cheques from the Office of the Accountant-General, Payment of such cheques to the Ministry’s Bank Accounts as well as the disbursement of cash to the requesting department of the Ministry;
- Preparation of Ministry Budget;
- Preparation of the Bank Reconciliation Statements;
- Reconciliation of the expenditure and revenue returns with the final account Department of the Office of the Accountant-General;
- Preparation of cash books and other principal books of accounts
- Appropriation Account, and
- Payment Vouchers
- Preparation of Vouchers;
- Preparation of Donor Agencies accounts such as UNICEF. UNFPA and Conditional Grant Scheme (CGS).
- Recording and keeping of individual National Housing Fund (NHF) passbooks.
- Monthly Coordination meeting of all Implementing Agencies of the World Bank, UNFPA and UNICEF and other donor agencies.
- Carrying out oversight on activities of World Bank Implementing Agencies in the State.
- Conduct of Year 2019 UNICEF 2nd and 3rd Quarter activities.
- Implementation of the 2019 approved estimate for the State
- Implementation of the Medium Term Sector Strategy (MTSS) for the State.
- Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) Projects.
- Implementation of 2015 Conditional Grant Scheme to Local Government Areas (CGS-LGAs) Track Projects.
- Continues monitoring and control of the 2019 State’s Annual Budget