BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
The Ministry of Special Duties was created on July 16, 2003. The Ministry was hitherto known as Bureau of Rural Development and Special Duties, created on 30th July, 1999 vide Circular letter no’s 292/T/99. However, on May 29, 2007, Ministry of Water Resources and Rural Development was carved out from the Ministry. The name of the Ministry was changed to Ministry of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs on 29th October, 2015 with some added responsibilities.
Governor’s Office, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta.
Alhaji S.A Rasheed
Department of Administration and Supplies;
Department of New Project Implementation
Department of Planning, Research and Statistics;
Department of Infrastructural Maintenance;
Department of Finance and Accounts.
Mr. A. O. Somoye
- Personnel Matters including staff welfare and discipline (Processing appointment of Junior Staff on GL 01-06, posting, transfer, deployment, promotion etc.)
- Training of Staff (In-house training, In-Service Training with pay and without pay, Workshop and Seminar)
- Procurement and supply of furniture and other equipment
- Procurement of motor vehicle, maintenance of office building and other necessities
- Providing support services in terms of processing and procurement of materials needed for the execution of direct projects
- Day to day administration of the Ministry
- All matters relating to correspondence with other Agencies
- Collection and collation of information in respect of Government owned properties
- Record keeping of inventories in the stores and allocated quarters
- Commissioning of projects and other ceremonies
- Distribution of furniture procured by the State Government
- Monitoring of the activities of the N.U.R.T.W, RTEAN at various motor parks in the State.
- Monitoring the distribution of Petroleum products in the State in order to avert artificial scarcity
- Secretariat of the Ministry’s Tender Board
- Other duties stipulated in the office of Head of Service Circular letter NO HS/C.34/4/VOL. III/T/21 dated December, 2016 and any other duties that may be assigned.
Mr. Oluseye Akindayo Sowunmi (Acting Head)
- Provision of infrastructures/ at border areas
- Execution of new intervention projects assigned by the Governor
- Matters relating to State Emergency
- Monitoring/ supervision of projects
- Processing, co-ordinating and execution of the Developmental projects.
Engr. Olakunle Rauf Olaniran
- Renovation of government quarters and offices, Government’s lodges, e.t.c.
- Preparation of estimate/ bills for all renovation works
- Prioritizing community infrastructural requirements and enlisting their support for the identified developmental projects
- Encouraging community participation in all developmental projects to facilitate community maintenance and sustainability thereafter.
- Identification of abandoned properties with a view to re- activating and reappraising their use (i.e. viability for renovation and rehabilitation).
- Maintenance, Rehabilitation and Renovation of existing infrastructure as assigned by Mr. Governor
Bldr. David Olutayo Adedigba
- Carrying out effective monitoring and evaluation (appraisal of projects as at when due)
- Preparation of quarterly and yearly report s of the Ministry’s Programme and projects
- Impact assessment of projects/programmes of the Ministry using relevant indicators
- Collection, collation, analysis, interpretation and publication of information for policy making
- Creation and maintenance of Database of supplies and contractors of the Ministry
- Identifying infrastructural facilities needed in the State
- Advocating appropriate technology and scaling development projects to the level of requirements
- Feasibility study of all major projects to be executed
- Matters relating to Private/Public partnership concerning the Ministry
- Sourcing alternative source of fund for implementation of projects
- The N-Power Employement Scheme (A FGN Initiative)
Mr. Malik Agbolade Osiboyejo
- Handling of financial matters
- Preparation of Ministry’s budget in conjunction with Department of Planning, Research and Statistics
- Preparation of project voucher
- Preparation of staff salaries and allowances
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Rendering of Monthly returns to Bureau of Budget and office of Accountant-General respectively.
- Preparation of the Ministry’s Appropriation accounts.
- Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (NDIC) Financed Laboratory Project at Egba Owode Grammar School, Owode – Egba.
- Renovation of the roof of a building within the Governor’s Office Complex.
While hoping that necessary approvals shall be obtained, the Ministry intends to embark on the following projects:-
i)Renovation of the Office of Her Excellency, the Wife of the State Governor;
ii) Renovation of the Governor’s Office Complex;
iii)Renovation of Commissioners’ quarters; and
iv) Provision of Transformers to Communities that have submitted such requests to the Ministry.