BRIEF ON THE AGENCY
The Ministry of Finance is one of the central and important Agencies of Government in the State. The focus of the Ministry is to support the administration in the attainment of its objectives through:
- Policy formulation and initiatives targeted towards financial viability of Ogun State in revenue generation and expenditure management.
- Accurate and timely financial information.
- Efficient and reliable transaction processing.
SECRETARIAT COMPLEX, OKE-MOSAN, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE
Postal Address: P.M.B. 2075, SAPON, ABEOKUTA
08057032678 | 08155947007
Hon. Commisioner for Finance & Chief Economic Advicer.
Mr. Dapo Okubadejo
Mr. Hassan Adekunle (08033189778 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Promoting, developing and encouraging Industrial activities in the State.
- Up-grading of local skills,
- Offering entrepreneurial advice,
- Mobilization of resources both human and material within the State towards industrial development,
- Economics analysis, information and management services for MSMEs,
- Providing and enhancing industrial extension services in the areas of technical services, economic analysis, information and management services for small and medium scale industries,
- Promotion of financial and technical support for MSMEs in the State and but not limited to
- Linkage with Professional and Regulatory bodies and other Research Institutions such as NASSI, NASMB, ASBON, SMEDAN, SON, NAFDAC, and FIIRO.
- Promote Investment friendly environment for medium and large scale enterprises in the State.
- Liaise between investors and MDAs like Bureau of Land and Survey, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Environment, Ogun State Housing Corporation as the case may be, for allocation of land.
- Promote inclusive Governance with the Organised Private Sectors such as MAN, NACCIMA, etc. and
- Facilitate the revenue generation potentials of some MDAs.
- Revenue Generation through collection of Business Premises Registration/ Renewal fees.
- Interface with Organised private sector in the following areas:
- Trade Promotion/ Facilitation
- Registration of Trade Groups and artisans
- Export promotion- Nigeria Export Promotion Council
- Nigeria Shippers Council
- Consumer protection- by entertaining consumer complaints and protect their rights against producers, Manufacturers, Traders etc responsible for such inquires or losses and taking redress where necessary.
- Organising Local Trade Fair and participation in International Trade Fair.
- Business Premises Law/Rate
MRS YOMI TAIWO ADEBIYI
- Purchasing of materials/equipments in the Ministry.
- Handling of Establishment Matters (transfer, leave, promotion, Discipline, confirmation, Retirement and general administration).
- Facilitate DISTRIBUTION of both incoming and outgoing mails and further charting of correspondence in the various departments within the Ministry through the Registry.
MR. O. S. ENIOLAWUN
- To generate revenue from solid mineral development without going against any aspect of the content of the Nigerian Mining and Mineral Acts,
- Advise potential investors on the available mineral resources in the State,
- Give technical support to existing mining operators to adhere strictly to the best practices to ensure environmental friendly operation,
- Undertake data gathering and give advice on the utilisation of underground water for rural development,
- Exploring solid mineral deposits available in the State and collect relevant data for industrial development of the State,
- Identifying and inspecting mining quarrying sites across the State and
- Collecting Haulage fee and surface rent from quarrying and mining activities.
MR ELEYOWO RICHARD
- Collecting, collating and analysing of data, interpretation of data for publication, information, policy-making planning, monitoring and control.
- Publishing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the Ministry’s activities.
- Impact assessment of project/programme of the Ministry using relevant indicators
- Research into area of interest of the Ministry with the aim of building a viable data bank.
Mr Elegbede Yode
- Advising the accounting officer and other Departmental Heads on all financial matters.
- Ensuring that monies are collected as and when due and keeping proper records of Accounts.
- Providing information on financial regulations and other treasury and financial circulars.
- Maintaining proper records of accounts such as main and subsidiary ledgers, cash book, DVEA book, personal advances and ledgers, etc.
- Ensuring timely preparation of Financial Accounts and Financial Statements.
- Development of markets,
- Exploitation of mineral resources in the state (glass sand, limestone, kaolin, bitumen, granite, tar sand),
- Empowerment of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises,
- Enforcement Exercise on defaulters of Business Premises Fees and distribution of 2017 Demand Notice,
- Preparation for the forthcoming 8th Gateway Trade Fair,
- As at date there are forty one (41) officers in the Geological Services Department comprising of Geo-scientists and Mining Engineers spread across nine (9) Zonal Offices for effective coverage and optimal performances while three (3) are on secondment.
- OGSG – BOI Matching Fund Scheme: This is available to be accessed by the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises whose businesses are domiciled in the State at 7% interest rate,
- Facilitation of the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria (DAWN) Commission ,
- Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria,
- Quarterly meeting with Manufacturer Association of Nigeria (MAN), Ogun State Branch,
- One Stop Shop Investment Centre,
- Annual Breakfast meeting with Governor,
- Production of Mineral Map of the State,
- Registration of Four (4) OmoOgun Companies towards the development of solid Minerals Sector and
- Engagement of Consultant for corporate haulage collection fees from corporate industries in the State.
- Establishment of Mini ICT Centres at all LCDAs in collaboration with Ministry and 3 - Way Communications Limited through the OGSGG - BOI Scheme,
- Ogun State Investors Forum,
- Youth Summit,
- Establishment of AGOA Garment Training Institute at Government Technical College, Ijebu Ode, Ogun State and
- Establishment of stone cutting and polishing factories via development of the granite deposits in the state.